Eileen O’Connor is a trusted advisor to her clients, wife, mother of 5, and sought-after speaker and writer on wealth management issues. Utilizing her more than 20 years of professional experience, she acts as personal CFO to a select number of high net worth executives and families who are well-educated, most having attended a top graduate school. Eileen feels passionately that even the most successful among us need a personal financial advisor in order to accomplish what is most important, however they chose to define it. She works hard to make a significant impact in her clients’ lives every day.
Eileen defines her wealth management services in a specific way:
WM = IC + AP + RM
For her, true wealth management consists of investment consulting, plus advanced planning plus relationship management. She can therefore, effectively deliver what her affluent clients need most: a quarterback to coordinate the efforts on all fronts in terms of investing strategies, financial planning, and managing relationships with other advisors such as CPAs, estate planning attorneys, and insurance agents. Ninety-nine percent of her business is a result of referrals from existing clients and other professionals, a testament to the quality of her work.
- MBA, Harvard University, 1994
- B.S., Finance and Management Information Systems, University of Virginia, 1989
- Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University, 2004
- CFP® Designee, 2005
- October 2013 -present: Managing Principal & Co-Founder, Hemington Wealth Management
- 2004 – 2013: Vice President, Wealth Management, McLean Asset Management Corporation
- 2000-2003: Partner, LaunchFuel, Inc. Provided interim management services to new ventures. Acted as CFO and COO for two technology start-up companies.
- 1994-2000: Senior Engagement Manager, A.T. Kearney, Inc. Led management consulting teams on strategy and operational improvement engagements for financial services companies in the US, Europe and for three years based in Singapore.
- 1989-1992: Senior Manager, Peterson Consulting. Led consulting teams in New York providing litigation support services to financial institutions.
- Family Wealth Advisors Council www.fwac.biz
- Harvard Business School Club, DC www.hbsclubwdc.net
- NAPFA www.napfa.org
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council www.nvepc.org
- Financial Planning Association www.fpa.com
- Executive Strategies Council
Family Wealth Advisors Council
Family Wealth Advisor Council Eileen accepted the invitation to join FWAC in 2010. Founded in 1981, the Family Wealth Advisors Council (FWAC) is a national network of carefully vetted, independent, fee-only wealth management firms that collectively manage more than $3 billion in client assets. The FWAC’s member firms share a common belief that taking the long-term approach of putting clients first on all levels is the only sustainable business model. FWAC members commit a significant amount of time and energy each year to meet and share best practices. In a world where many large brokerage firms and major banks consistently look for ways to sell their customers high-fee products that they may not need, FWAC firms provide the kind of consultative advice that meets a higher fiduciary standard. Professionals in the FWAC hold advanced designations and are uniquely experienced in providing true wealth management services to the affluent client. Many are leaders in the financialplanning industry and regularly speak at industry conferences on best practices in planning and investment management. FWAC members and their firms have won numerous awards, and their research has been used by leading think tanks, media publications and corporations. More information regarding Family Wealth Advisors Council can be found at www.fwac.biz.